Plants vs Zombies is a Tower Defense game where you need to protect your garden from hoards of undead who are hellbent on munching your flowers.
Utilizing your gardening skills, with the occasional help of Crazy Dave, you have to harvest sunlight to grow an army of plants in order to destroy the hordes of approaching zombies. Each Plants vs Zombies round starts with a clear lawn, and you have to build up your defenses, usually starting with sun producing sunflowers, then peashooters, and so on.
As you progress through Plants vs Zombies you are given a larger armory, including mines, bombs and more. While your capabilities improve, so do the zombies - you'll meet a range of zombies which require different tactics to be destroyed.
The 50 levels in Plants vs Zombies will keep you glued to your screen for a long time. The attacking zombies are paced just right, so you're always under pressure to keep planting, while you have to do pretty badly to get overrun and lose.
The graphics in Plants vs Zombies are cheerful and clear, while the sound features some amusing effects that never get irritating. the main game is broken up with mini-games, like bowling, which help to keep it feeling fresh. The mixture of real time strategy and cartoon zombies is pretty irresistible, and it's hard to imagine someone not enjoying Plants vs Zombies.
Here are some key features of "Plants vs Zombies":
· Play five game modes: Adventure, Mini-Games, Puzzle, Survival, plus the stress-free Zen Garden.
· Conquer all 50 levels of Adventure mode -- through day, night and fog, in a swimming pool and on the rooftop.
· Battle 26 types of zombies including pole-vaulters, snorkelers and “Zomboni” drivers.
· Plants vs Zombies gives you the possibility to earn 49 powerful perennials but also collect coins in order to buy power-ups, a pet snail and more!
· Processor: Intel Core Duo 1.2+GHz.
· Memory (RAM): 512+MB.
· Free Hard Drive Space: 50+MB.
· Video: 64+MB.
· Colors: Thousands or Millions (256 colors may not work).
· Controls: Keyboard and mouse.
· Internet: Internet connection is required to register/unlock game trials — including those delivered via CD-ROM.
More downloads Popcap: